Skip to main content

Long Live Abortion!



Long Live Abortion! From now until the death of humanity!

Warning, if you are a conservative, republican, aging white male, on the tail end of your life; you might NOT enjoy reading this. My relatively youthful opinions on this subject like most folks are strong.


I once aced a University of Texas undergraduate course containing this abortion topic with an A letter grade. The course was titled, "Contemporary Moral Problems." Yeehaw! From that now decades old course, our University professor taught us, pupils, that abortion pre-viable fetus in the mother's womb should be allowed. Pre-viable fetus means the organism is unable to live on it's own without the mother. Abortion with a living viable fetus should NOT be allowed. This occurs usually in the 3rd trimester of a woman's pregnancy. To reiterate post-viable fetus, abortion should NOT be allowed. It's pretty simple. This line of thinking, is to determine if the early life can survive on its own, without the mother's fluids, body, and physical support? Does it still require the mother? Yes? No? There is your answer. It's actually clear-cut.


So, my personal stance is that I am very much pro-woman's choice pre-viable fetus. I am  a man, not a woman. It is the women's living body and ultimate decision. Preferably the earlier on, the woman can make the green light abortion decision, the better. In my opinion, the woman during the 1st and 2nd-trimester time period should be given space to grapple, think, and finally live with her well thought out, pro-choice decision. The key word there, HER decision.


Despite the United States Supreme Court decision in 1973 of Roe versus Wade which granted a woman the right to privacy under the 14th constitutional Amendment, Modern times have continued to argue. In actuality, it has been a long damn time since that Supreme Court decision in 1973. Shit, I'm, almost 40 years old and was born in 1981. I can see how perhaps some Supreme Court Decisions do NOT age well, and perhaps sometimes need re-working and updating just like your Home's Kitchen does!


Ultimately, I am very much pro-women's choice when it comes to abortion. Raising, caring for children and being a parent is a life long decision and servitude. Ask my parents? Ask yours? Adoption's a tough game out there! Foster Parents' don't have the cleanest records or glowing reviews. Check Yelp. Maybe Adoption needs to hire a powerful P.R. marketing team. For example, Got Adoption? (Got Milk Ad Campaign reference). Parenting is expensive and extremely life changing. I recently saw in the news, America's birth rate just had it's lowest total in the last 32 years.  This information re-enforces the major decision, burden and mutual couple decision that childbearing and parenthood is. Should a future child be forced to enter a world where it is not wanted? Where parents can't afford to immunize, take care of it, and give it proper attention? Would you want to be born into an unwanted situation? I wouldn't. Aren't caring and loving parents the ideal?


Also, in going back to my 5 year run of living in New York City as a single twenty-something, I cannot recall how many late night partying 1-night sex stands I had. It was a bunch! There were glorious and exotic Brazilian youthful beauty one-night sex stands picked up from the East Village, just as there were coyote ugly one night stands from that same East Village neighborhood. My repeat hook-up ratio was remarkably low. During my 1 night stand barrage time period, there is no way in Hell, I would have been a deserving or qualified parent. I strongly felt the mutually cooperating 1 nite stand potential mothers weren't ready to be saddled with pregnancy either. I was picking up girls at bars, stone cold-call style, albeit alcoholically lubricated and bedding them with a healthy frequency. How you ask? I was a slender model mid 20's kid with my own bedroom in Midtown West walkable Manhattan. Plus my building had a panty dropping Rooftop with views of the skylines and Hudson River. Oh yea, plus I could drink like an Irishmen and I had the youthful energy to withstand impending early morning sunshine and 4 A.M. last call bartender shouts. Like a warrior. In fact, on some mornings where I forgot to wear a condom (always wear a condom dudes!), I even went to the corner Duane Reade Pharmacy to puchase the $45-75 dollar morning after pill. Next, I'd walk with the lady to the corner deli breakfast spot or Starbucks and watch her throat down the immediate anti-pregnancy Plan B pill. Hmm...maybe that's the answer, a male pill we could purchase to cancel out the sperm's baby-making power. Have scientists invented that solution yet?


I'm just a planned parenthood type of dude. Just like a wedding should be planned. Being a parent should be planned too.


One of my longtime friends, recently told me while chatting at the Shady Grove Restaurant on Barton Springs Road, "Hey George, you should go and have a kid."


I replied, "Budster, I''m not married yet my friend."


He then said, "It's 2019, that's not required, get with it. If you want a kid, just go and have one."


Hmmm...I agree with him, yet personally and intrinsically I still don't want a wife or a kid. I'm too selfish with my time, freedoms, money and female lusting wandering eyes to settle down on life- locking decisions.


Lastly, what happens in the scenario where the birthing creator Dad wants the abortion, but the mother wants to keep it. Yikes, I don't know the answer to that problem situation.

It angers me when these aging, white-haired, bible beating, rural Christian Republicans speak badly upon Abortion. Have these old men ever actually gotten laid (without paying for it $$), or just lonesomely settled for wife sex their whole lives? Insert Robert Kraft NFL Football Patriots owner and Florida masseuse multiple loving hooker reference. Abortion is just a medical operation. It's a women's medical operation and decision. Newsflash, it's possible the Bible, heaven, and God isn't even real and doesn't exist. You know what is real? A woman and her uterus, her health and her overall physical and mental well being! Old white dying politicians in Southern, Midwest backward, education lacking states (Alabama, Georgia, Missouri and watch out Texas). Insert Texan political hero, thanks Wendy Davis filibuster gratitude, are not the correct people to be making these life-altering laws and rules. Women and humans under the age of 50-55 should!

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BookPeople GVM Speaking Event, Professional photos taken by Jonathan Garza

GVM spoke and presented his brand new third book, "The Nation We Live In" in Mid February 2020, @BookPeople on the 2nd floor. $13.75 For Sale. Indie Published. This free to attend event went very well! (I personally paid BookPeople something like $250 bucks to set up, host and promote)  I read excerpts from the book for about 15-20 minutes, before opening up to audience Questions and engagement.  A number of signed books were also bought and sold! Click here for a direct online purchase link for: "The Nation We Live In" a collection of essays and short stories. Thanks to BookPeople and Jonathan Garza for the photography. 

"The Nation We Live In." $12.50 @ BookPeople Store Austin, Texas 1st Floor Travel Section

  https://www.bookpeople.com/

It was a Success! The Lone Star Book Festival 5.29.2021 was fantastic!

The Lone Star Book Festival in the Downtown Square of Seguin, Texas today was a SUCCESS! The Indie Authors and I had a friendly, cool wholesome meal @the Power Plant Restaurant and Venue Friday night. Good times all around. The Book Festival Today had roughly 50 or so individual author, music, and art tents. All were surrounding a well manicured Seguin downtown square park with a beautiful fountain. The  streets were  blocked off, and the visiting patrons and book inquisitor guests were gracious and welcoming. The guests even bought books too. Multiple fellow authors told me they sold 15 books or more. The day started off cool, overcast and drizzly, but by 11 am or 12 noon there were blue skies and sunshine. Thanks to BookPeople for the bookmarks, and BookPeople Bumper stickers. There were so many visitors, they all got taken. ---gvm