Skip to main content

Tomorrow's Optimism





Be Here Now. Live in the Moment. Don't dwell on the past.  These are all therapist and philosophically worn phrases.

What about the Promise of Tomorrow? How do you feel about the immediate future? Do you think after resting your head on the pillow tonight, and enjoying an entire night of sleep, that the next day will be any better? Will tomorrow be worse? My inner self still wants to believe in my future living days and life. Do you care about your future life?

When you are a kid, adolescent, college student and even as a twenty-something, the future, and eminent mid-life crisis seems galaxies and light years away. I'll never be 40 years old. That's what we all wishfully imagined.

Personally, I recall as a twenty-something happily partying at night, and easily working during the day. My moods and health were smooth and assured. My twenties consisted of living in Austin, Texas and then later in my 20's after moving to New York, briskly walking the invigorating streets of Manhattan, NYC. My twenty-something decade of life was evidence to the pure bliss and joyous unknowns of youth. I didn't plan anything, back then.  My responsible younger brother once asked me in my Midtown west shack closet of a room one evening, "George, aren't you planning anything?" The answer was NO, I wasn't. I was happily living in each fast-paced moment. I was enjoying my youthful exuberance! I was meeting new people, trying different things in vibrant places, working in various professional fields, having one night stands, getting laid, and mooching liquor and club entry off of nightlife promoters. I was fashionable, thin, and appeared to be in shape. My twenty-something decade was a complete case of the "be here now mantra." What was your twenty-something decade of life like?

Moving forward to today's time, I am finally starting to recognize the marathon that life is. With the intelligent advances in medicine and our modern 1st world USA accommodations, safety, and laws, humans have proven we can live until our 70's, 80's, 90's, and beyond. Pretty amazing huh? I'm all for life longevity. Heaven can wait.

Currently, I'm attempting to plan my life and future. Do you plan for the future? Do you plan for retirement? How does tomorrow look for you? Do you believe in tomorrow's optimism?

I sure do! My few long-term investments have been in a New York Life Insurance Retirement policy, and $24,000 in the Lucky Arrow Retreat, a newly created rustic campy hotel and wedding venue destination in the Southwest Austin suburb Hill Country Town of Dripping Springs, Texas. You, my awesome reader, should call and reserve a stay. Travel and go enjoy the Lucky Arrow Retreat's pool, cabins, and yurts. Drippings Springs Texas is a fresh air filled, rural, welcoming and peaceful small town in Texas. Instead of stacked, developed residential neighborhoods, the residents live on sprawling acreage sites, and somehow find a way to get power and water plugged in. Most of Drippings Springs residents use drilled well water and septic systems. During your stay at Lucky, Arrow Retreat go on a social group booze tour. Visit the many different Dripping Springs acclaimed distilleries and excellent winery's. Or you may choose to grab a belly-filling meal at the Salt Lick Barbecue compound. The Salt Lick is BYOB, FYI. Or go swimming at Mother Nature's famous Hamilton Pool. They make you get a reservation now at Hamilton Pool, which is deterring for spontaneous people like me. Overall, you'll be pleased you stayed at the Lucky Arrow Retreat and it'll support my investment. So thanks in advance Lucky Arrow Retreat patrons! Click  here for a sample LUCKY ARROW RETREAT business website

My twenty's taught me that CASH fly's out of my wallet, check that, cash still flies out of my wallet.  In my Thirties thus far, I've learned untouched savings and longer-term investments, which actually GROW your net worth are the prudent choice. I've got an E-Trade stock account with Dell, Twitter, and Uber Stock, but that's just a minor experiment.

How do you feel about your investments and money projects in tomorrow-land? Are you gaining equity in your primary home's appreciating value? Have you remembered to purchase a few rental investment income properties? Have you talked face to face with a Financial Adviser? Do you believe in the Stock Market? Have you taken any education courses in your career field to improve your skill set?

I can't bring up the topic of Tomorrow's Optimism without mentioning the United State's pioneering Democratic ex-president Barack Obama. He literally trademarked hope and change. He forcefully re-instilled belief in our nation's fallen and flawed people. I truly miss that well-spoken man and honorable president. President Obama was a Uniter of people. He made conscious efforts and speeches to assist all sectors within America. He's still alive and awesome, as you already know. Obama was America's cool president and a Media Darling. I either physically or in my heart voted for him twice. He honorably represented my progressive sentiments during his entire 8-year tenure. an Era of scandal-free, positive politics and thinking. President Obama's optimist, glass is half full persona genuinely motivated our recession-plagued country in 2008, and inspired our citizens (me included) to get back up and get to work! He was an inspirational, eloquent and captivating public speaker. Post Republican recession 2008, I've been working ever since President Obama made conscious efforts to lift our country back up. This Bull Market's been going on for 11 years now. Wow, what a return.

Whichever wise choice you decide to make for your own future, let's happily embrace the OPTIMISM of tomorrow! If you can remember to exercise and be healthy today, then those actions will have a beneficial cumulative effect on your 1 and only human body for tomorrow. So make some selfishly smart choices for today, for your own tomorrow.

I'll leave you with the ending lyrics of "Tomorrow" from the Annie musical,









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BookPeople GVM Speaking Event, Professional photos taken by Jonathan Garza

GVM spoke and presented his brand new third book, "The Nation We Live In" in Mid February 2020, @BookPeople on the 2nd floor. $13.75 For Sale. Indie Published. This free to attend event went very well! (I personally paid BookPeople something like $250 bucks to set up, host and promote)  I read excerpts from the book for about 15-20 minutes, before opening up to audience Questions and engagement.  A number of signed books were also bought and sold! Click here for a direct online purchase link for: "The Nation We Live In" a collection of essays and short stories. Thanks to BookPeople and Jonathan Garza for the photography. 

"The Nation We Live In." $12.50 @ BookPeople Store Austin, Texas 1st Floor Travel Section

  https://www.bookpeople.com/

It was a Success! The Lone Star Book Festival 5.29.2021 was fantastic!

The Lone Star Book Festival in the Downtown Square of Seguin, Texas today was a SUCCESS! The Indie Authors and I had a friendly, cool wholesome meal @the Power Plant Restaurant and Venue Friday night. Good times all around. The Book Festival Today had roughly 50 or so individual author, music, and art tents. All were surrounding a well manicured Seguin downtown square park with a beautiful fountain. The  streets were  blocked off, and the visiting patrons and book inquisitor guests were gracious and welcoming. The guests even bought books too. Multiple fellow authors told me they sold 15 books or more. The day started off cool, overcast and drizzly, but by 11 am or 12 noon there were blue skies and sunshine. Thanks to BookPeople for the bookmarks, and BookPeople Bumper stickers. There were so many visitors, they all got taken. ---gvm